Reading Details Gist
Reading for Detail
- Notice capitalized letters and words, numbers, italicized, bold or underlined words.
- Make a note of the nouns and their synonyms.
- Scan keywords, but be aware that sometimes the information can come before the word, number
or phrase that you are scanning for.
Reading for Gist/ Main Idea
- It's not reading quickly. It's reading important information only.
- Look at any images; A picture is worth a thousand words.
- Read the title, estimate what the text is about.
- Read the first paragraph, check if your guess is correct. Reevaluate if it isn't